Tuesday, 26 May 2009
This month’s kit is full of vintage sea-faring, pirate loving, beach-going goodness – anyone for a Nautical adventure?
2 Buckles (one black, one silver)
2 Felt Embossed Stars by 2angelscrapping (one blue, one black)
1 Vintage anchor button (will vary)
1 Vintage Shield button
1 Skull Charm by 2angelscrapping
1 Starfish Charm
1 Packet Silver German Glass Glitter
1 Piece Pirate themed vintage bookpaper
1 Piece Viking themed vintage bookpaper
11 inches Jute loop braid
10 inches Black dress braid
18 inches Gold elastic
1 Pirate playing card (will vary)
1 Elles Studio Whale of a Time Cut outs
11 ½ x 8 ½ (approx) Piece Retro Waves Fabric
2 Elles Studio Whale of a time journaling tags (design will vary)
1 Piece Treasure Island Themed vintage bookpaper
1 Sculpey Fish (not pictured)
1 Sheet Nut & Bee Koi Pond Note Paper
2 Assorted Waves and ropes journaling tags – Designed and gocco printed by Jodi Mann
1 Piece Ocean/Boat themed children’s bookpaper (will vary)
Kit sets sail Monday 1st June, only ONE kit left at this stage!
Saturday, 23 May 2009
Please don’t get me wrong the current CT girls are FABULOUS, FUNKY and totally AWESOME ambassadors for Q Tea, but I would like to share the LOVE around a little bit and that is why I am announcing NEW 6-monthly CT stints!
So, a great BIG cyber hug and warm words of thanks goes to Merdrey, Lianne and Syliva for all of their fabulous work…….
And now for the details of how you can apply:
Expressions of interest are sought for the Q Tea creative team; there are three vacant positions and the role will be from July 09 to December 09.
What’s the deal?
In exchange for one monthly kit, team members will create:
- Two items for the Q Tea gallery. Ideally a mix of both off-the-page and layouts, but with the balance leaning toward more layouts. Each project would need to use at least 2 items from the kit, with the rest of the projects using your own stash. You are also welcome to use the projects you create for Q Tea to enter other challenges or to combine with other design team commitments.
- Provide an ORIGINAL sketch each month for exclusive use by Q Tea.
- During the 6months provide ONE step-by-step instructional on how you completed a project, layout or card using Q Tea products.
- I would also like you to be an ambassador for Q Tea by posting about your work on your blog and/or other forum’s (where permitted).
Creative Team Members will also be given any add-on kits or mini project kits Q Tea releases!
How to apply?
To express interest in being part of Q Tea's creative team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with Creative Team Application in the subject box and answer the following questions:
1. A little bit about yourself, how long you have been scrapping and your creative influences?
2. Five FUN and totally random facts about yourself?
3. Your favourite Q Tea kit of all time?
4. Your favourite/most inspirational NON-scrapping artist?
You will also need to provide:
- Links to any online galleries or blogs, and an example of both a layout and an off-the-page (canvas, mini-album, altered item, etc) project. Ideally the examples would show how you like to use non-traditional products, such as those in the Q Tea kits. Please keep the file sizes small for ease of viewing.
- A recent photo of you!
- A recent photo of your creative space (and yes MESS is allowed)
- A link to your blog! (if you have one)
Edited to add - *you don't necessarily have to be a scrapbooker persay, mixed media, collage artists and crafty, creative peeps are all welcome to apply!*
Applications close – Saturday 6th June 09
Successful applicants will be notified by Saturday 14th June (just in time for July’s sneak peek).
Current Creative Team members and former Guest Creative Team members are more than welcome to apply.
Friday, 22 May 2009
- New Etsy Shop has been stocked! There are some old kits, like this one, or this cute thing, or even a couple of these, subscriptions are also available!
- QTea has a facebook page; become a fan, find out all the NEWS as it happens!
- I've had a few e-mails asking about existing subscribers, so I thought I would post it here........if you had a PAID up subscription with Danielle, that means you have a paid up subscription with me! And, YES I will send you a reminder to let you know when you subscription expires, can't have you missing any kits now!
- June Kits - OMG only THREE left, I am stunned and happy and oh so very grateful you have embraced me and my creativity like you did with Danielle - THANK YOU!
Hope you have a lovely weekend - full kit reveal on Monday!
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
Well I have official taken over the reigns from this lovely lady and she couldn't have made the changeover any easier!!! DQ thank you so much for leaving me with your baby, I will take good care of it!
Well for those of you who missed the early news, my name is Jodi Mann and I am the new owner of Q Tea; I am a SAHM to three sometimes gorgeous and always mischievous kidlets and I am a vintage loving scrapbooker, crafter and wannabe photographer.
I have always been a little op-shop (thrift stores) and second hand store crazy and I have a fairly sizeable stash of vintage goodies that I have been collecting over the years and now I can put them all to good use!
So, here we are..........my FIRST sneak peek for my FIRST kit will be uploaded tomorrow and I am nervous, scared, excited, terrified and jumping for joy all at once!
It's been a topsy turvy roller coaster of a week, so please forgive me as I haven't restocked the new Etsy Store yet, but I will before the week is out......
In the meantime, I will see you for a tiny sneak tomorrow!