Tuesday 6 April 2010

Just Girly Enough

Hi everyone
Me again, Sharmaine
Did you see the sold out sign for the Stitch In Time kit??
It truly is a cool kit and I hope the postman delivers them extra quick so you can start creating!
Thought I would show you what I made using these bits of the kit
Golden Hands magazine page
sewing pattern tissue
Buzz and Bloom Blossom Mini
Measuring Tape Ribbon 
and a piece of the paper doily

100_1004

  

I made this hanger for a friend of our eldest.
It started out very girly, inspired by the page from Golden Hands
But then I remembered the age group and grunged it up a little
Tried to make it ‘less girly’ but still leaving it just girly enough, hope I succeeded :)

Ok so can you see where the kit pieces are?
There is the Golden Hands page with some of the measuring tape ribbon

100_1007


Some more ribbon with the sewing pattern and the doily is up in the top corner, painted blue :)

100_1010


and the Buzz and Bloom Blossom, I just sploshed some paint and glitter over it, to add some depth to the hanger

 

100_1006

Truly loved this kit and can’t wait to see what others create with it :)

Sharmaine

3 comments:

Bel said...

Oh O love it Sharmaine, gorgeous work. I bet the recipient loves it too. I am yet to get my kit out yet even though it's fantastic. Belinda

Q Tea Kits said...

gorgeous work Sharmaine, that is rocking - LOVE it!
jxx

Gina said...

well this is just AWESOME shamaine!! ..the colours, texture..everything! :)