Saturday 30 October 2010

Change, tragedy and the silence in-between!

Are you wondering what happened to October’s kit?
I’m actually wondering what happened to October, where did the last four weeks go, actually, scrap that, where did the last 8weeks go?
To say the last 8weeks have been the hardest in my life sounds somewhat melodramatic, however it is not an understatement.
When friends, family and total strangers hear our story there is usually a sharp intake of air, followed by the inevitable question “how are you coping?”…….…………you see in the past two months there has been; a change of employment for my husband (after 16yrs at the one job), a decision to move 5hrs away, some solo-parenting and biggest humdinger of them was
this!
This car accident on the other side of the world has rendered our little family without a beloved mother, grandmother and friend and left all us all reeling.
So how are we all coping?
For the most part, we are going great…….well with one exception………my beloved little kit business has fallen by the wayside, I have fallen off the wagon – bigtime!
I won’t lie, several times over the past couple of weeks I have been very tempted to shut Qtea down and pack it all in.
To be honest it has felt too hard, with getting our house ready to sell, packing, trying to arrange to move some 500kms away all whilst juggling our grief and worry for my father-in-law.
So, there is no kit for October…………..BUT the good news is that I am no quitter and I am feeling the urge to create again so there will be a kit for November…….there is also a website that is nearly completed and a design team call coming up in November.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the silence in-between all this change and chaos………regular subscribers will get a personal e-mail from me and small gift as my apology……………I am excited about creating more Qtea kits and I hope you all are excited about seeing them too.

Jxx

8 comments:

Stick 'n' Giggle said...

Hugs and Kisses for you and your family Jodes! MWAH! my dear friend! xx

Leanne J said...

so sorry to hear about your most horrible couple of months..
thinkin of YOU //
HUGS>...

Jill Brown said...

Jodie, I haven't met you yet I am very sure you, like nearly every woman I know, are like a tea bag. The longer you are in hot water, the stronger you get. You are doing a fantastic job under the circumstances. Remember, one step at a time and one day at a time.

daphnieteo said...

just want to say that your optimism is so inspiring! things will definitely get better!

Bel said...

oh Jodi I am so sorry to hear about your loss and all the upheaval you have been through lately. I will be thinking of you and your beautiful family. Hugs Belinda xxx

Dear Pearl Vintage said...

take care Jodi sending lots of blessings your way x

~ YvOnnE ~ said...

Oh dear.. Jodi please take care!
HUGS and LOVE lots, Yvonne

Anonymous said...

take care Jodi.

xoxo Miriam