Monday 26 July 2010

Créez la mode

That’s what I thought of when I opened my j'ai laissé mon coeur à Paris kit
Well, not so much in French but the English of that lol
Create Fashion
Seriously this kit just made me want to create something gorgeous
As soon as I saw the black spot veiling, vintage garter trim and the silk fabric flower I knew I had to make it into a skirt
For something
Anything… goodness I even contemplated making it into a skirt for a Barbie Doll but wanted something a little more sophisticated than that ;)
So I stepped out of my comfort zone and made my very first…

DressForm

I also used one of the Sweet Pearls and the leather twine for the skirt

100_2508

and added some of the beaded trim around the neck line

100_2509

Isn’t that beaded trim splendid??? I even thought about leaving it as it was and just making a beaded bracelet, it was the perfect length ;) but I was brave and cut it up lol
Can’t wait to see what others create with the kit because it is so inspiringly wonderful!!

Sharmaine

4 comments:

Gina said...

this is gorgeous Sharmaine!...such a great way to use the kit!..I know what you mean about that gorgeous beaded trim..have only managed to cut a little piece off mine lol :)

Stick 'n' Giggle said...

WOW! Sharmaine this is amazing! Very very inspiring piece of art! I love it!

~ YvOnnE ~ said...

OMG! How clever! :) I love this!!

Q Tea Kits said...

Sharmaine - I {love} this - you clever thing - so totally gorgeous......wonderful!
Jxx