Friday 8 January 2010

Hi Dee Ho Q-Tea’ers :)

 

I’m Sharmaine, also a Tasmanian :) I’ve been scrapbooking for about 4 years. I love to dabble in mixed media art and am hoping to do more Art journaling this year. I have been playing with Q Tea kits since they started with the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party kit. I love the change from ‘normal’ products but most of all I love that the Q Tea kit can be used by anyone in any scrappy style and mixed media.
I also received my Through The Viewfinder kit yesterday, yum!, and today I had a chance to play

The first thing I went goo over was the awesome laser cut wooden camera!!
OH MY!
I love!!!
The paper doily was the second thing that made me want to create ASAP
So I used both of these on my first page, along with the spot ribbon, coupon stamps (because I love yellow) and the film title letters
 

100_9334

 

I used the doily as a mask, spraying over it with some Turquoise Glimmer Mist (another fave colour) and then doodled around the outline to make a journal spot
I also stitched on the lettering, tip: a normal machine needle will split these letters so stop the machine before you get to the side of a letter and lift the foot and move the page till the needle is back over the letter and resume stitching on the other side.

100_9336

If you look closely you will see where the lettering is split and where I learnt this tip lol

The second thing I created was a wall hanger
I reused the doily adding it to some of the music paper, so the doily pops off the fabric a little.

100_9339

I stitched the fabric onto the ‘keep the envelope stiff’ cardboard that comes with the kit and then stitched on the paper doily, bingo card, lettering and the house that I cut from the French wine label that was in my kit

 100_9342

I then added the black and white ric rac to hang it from.
I still have quite a few things left to play with, which is another reason I love Q Tea kits, SO MUCH to play with! Can’t wait to see what others create with the kit and don’t forget there is a Flickr group where you can upload your Q Tea creations, you can find it here :)

Sharmaine :)

4 comments:

Bel said...

Great work Sharmaine, I love what you do with the kits. The doily work is cool. I have made a little book and one page so far and you are right about what you can achieve with the kits, they go far. Belinda

Q Tea Kits said...

Welcome back Sharmaine - it's sooo good to have you back on the team!
I love, love, love what you have created here - especially you're wall hanging - just gorgeous!!!!!
And I do LOVE what you can do with glimmermist - gorgeous!
Jxx

kym said...

they look absolutely amazing Sharmaine..... loving the techniques as well!!!

Gina said...

just love your creations Sharmaine..and yummy glimmer..think I'll have to add that one to my stash lol.